RECIPE - FRIED EGGPLANT CUTLETS
- 3 Medium Large Purple Eggplants
- 1 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Sea Salt And Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Slice the eggplants into round slices, each about 1/2 -inch thick.
- Sprinkle the slices with salt and then place them in a colander.
- Leave the eggplant in the colander to drain for at least 1 hour, giving the salt time to absorb the eggplant's bitterness.
- When eggplant are ready to be used, use a fork to lightly beat the eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Spread the flour onto one shallow pan, and the breadcrumbs, cheese, and paesley in another one.
- Season the eggplant slices to taste with salt and pepper, and then lightly dredge each eggplant slice first lightly in the flour, then the egg, and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- In a heavy frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat, and when the oil begins to smoke, lay several eggplant slices in a single layer in the pan.
- Fry the slices until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- When the first batch is cooked, remove the eggplant from the pan to a serving dish using a slotted spoon.
- Repeat the cooking process, beginning by adding 3 fresh tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil to the pan, until all of the cutlets are cooked.
- Keep the cooked cutlets warm in a hot oven while you continue to cook all of the eggplant slices.
- Serve warm, with lemon wedges on the side.
Post a Comment